What is this class, anyway?
Career Education teaches students about different kinds of careers and how to get them. The State of Texas says you have to take it, but I think you'll be glad you did. Here's why:
- In the 3rd six weeks, counselors will come to class to help you choose which group of classes (called an endorsement) that you’ll need to take in high school. You’ll set up your ninth grade schedule and you’ll need a plan that’s right for you.
- When I describe this class to my grown up friends they say, “Oh, I wish they had had that class when I was in school!” The things you learn in this class could actually change your life
As a parent/guardian, what do I need to know?
- This class teaches students about jobs, the training or college required to get jobs, banking and credit, and how people start new businesses.
- The final project for this class is an interview. Students must wear interview clothes. For our class, this means dark shoes, dark pants, light top for all; girls may choose to wear a modest, dark dress or skirt. The interview will be on one day after October 1. Don't buy stuff - use this time to find something to borrow!
- Parents/guardians will join the high school counselors at HHS for a meeting during the Spring Semester. Be sure to join my Remind list for updates.
Who's Mrs. McManus?
Here's more about me, if you're interested.